Pages

Thursday 14 September 2017

Shared Healthy Lunch

Today we had a shared healthy lunch with the entire school. Each class made a different healthy dish and then we headed to the hall to try new food and to enjoy the kai together.

Room 8 were given the task of preparing sandwiches. This was no easy job as we had a limited amount of time to prepare enough to feed the entire school and some parents and teachers! We made cream cheese and cucumber, chicken salad and tuna salad flavoured sandwiches.

 

We really enjoyed trying out all of the different types of healthy food. We especially liked the roti wraps, sandwiches and fruit kebabs - they would be great for our lunchboxes!




After lunch we were visited by Mrs Wallbridge, who is a dentist. She told us that a healthy diet is the most important part of good dental hygiene - lots of sugary food will lead you to tooth decay! This gave us another incentive to eat well!

3 comments:

  1. i like the food in front of you it looks so yum yum in your tummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Jordana I'm a student from Owairaka District School I really like how you guys decided to have a healthy shared lunch. I see many Healthy things sitting on that table and it looks delicious. If you would like to see my learning please visit odsjordanam.blogspot.com

    From Jordana
    Blog ya later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi room 8,
    I liked that you went to paihia because I went to Paihia in the weekends.I have a question did you miss your family. Hope you like it
    from Angelica

    ReplyDelete