Pages

Monday 20 February 2017

Telesia's Weekend

Today we started to plan a recount about something we had done at the weekend or during the holidays. Telesia managed to finish this during the day - check it out here:

During the weekend my whole family was going to my Aunt's Wedding. Everyone was very excited because we haven’t been to a wedding in a long time and because we have never met our aunty. The bride was only about 24 years old and was getting married to a Samoan man. My mum ironed the clothes and we all got ready to go. We travelled in our van to the Waipuna Hotel. We were all so excited because we had never been to a hotel before. As soon as we arrived we went to see where they were getting married. It was very beautiful.

Everyone sat down and waited for about 5 minutes until it started. The music was on and the bridesmaid and the bride walked down the path. Almost everyone was filming or taking photos. It was gorgeous. At the end of the wedding everyone took photos with the bride and groom and waited until the after party. The after party was in a white beautiful room with 12 tables for each of us to sit. We all sat in our seats and waited for everyone to arrive.

Once everyone had arrived the bride and groom had a quick speech. Then the bride Sandra’s dad came to pray before we ate the food. The food was very delicious. Some people from the family had a performance that they learned to do so they could show to the bride and groom. There was a tongan dance and samoan dance and niuean dance done by the bride's children. We finally had DESSERT! It was very yummy. We had pavlova cake and a chocolate cake. We also had the wedding cake but we had that the next morning.

The after party had finally finished and my mum took all the little children including me home. My mum and my older sister stayed because they didn’t want to go yet. My parent came back at 4:30am. As soon as I got home I went to sleep because it was 10:00pm. My weekend was very fun and I couldn’t wait for the next wedding we get invited to.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Telesia
    Waipuna is a beautiful setting for a wedding. I'm glad you had such a good time. It must have been fun watching the different cultural performances. Did you dance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Elia
      Unfortunately I didn't dance but my older sister did. Yes I did have fun watching the cultural performances

      Delete